Advisors at both Central Piedmont and UNC Charlotte will work with the Passport students to choose coursework at Central Piedmont that will allow them to make progress toward their specific major.
Passport Transfer Admission Requirements
- 24 transferable semester hours at Central Piedmont.
- Advisors at both Central Piedmont and UNC Charlotte will work with the Passport students to choose coursework at Central Piedmont that will allow them to make progress toward their specific major at UNC Charlotte or general education requirements.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative college GPA. Some academic programs at UNC Charlotte may have additional competitive admissions requirements.
|MAJOR||GPA REQUIREMENT||OTHER CONSIDERATIONS|
|Business||2.5||Successful completion of progression courses in no more than 2 attempts|
|Computer Science||2.5||No grades below "C" in Computer Science courses|
|Engineering (excluding Mechanical)||2.5||Successful completion of Pre-Calculus (MAT 172)|
|Mechanical Engineering||3.0||Successful completion of Pre-Calculus (MAT 172)|
|Nursing||3.0||Grades of B or higher in nursing prerequisite courses|
Passport Application Process
- We will create your transfer application for you during your fall semester at Central Piedmont and reach out to confirm that your information has not changed.
- After graduation, you will send your official final high school transcript to both Central Piedmont (PO Box 35009 Charlotte, NC 28235-5009) and UNC Charlotte (Attn. Undergraduate Admissions 9201 University City Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28223-0001).
- You will submit your Central Piedmont transcript to us after your spring term, showing completion of the 24 hours. Once you have completed 24 transferable hours, you will register to attend SOAR over the summer. If you decide to enroll in summer courses at Central Piedmont also, you will send a final Central Piedmont transcript once your summer term ends.